Thursday, February 4, 2010

{alltv} Dexter and Mad Men: Who's Getting the Kids?

The fates of two sets of cable show kids are up in the air what with the divorce of Mad Men's Don and Betty Draper and the sudden death of Dexter's wife, Rita.

Dexter star Michael C. Hall says his show's writers have just reconvened to map out next season. "Nothing is definitive at this point," says Michael, "but three kids for Dexter is a tough proposition. I do think he would be hard pressed to give up his own child (Harrison) but to raise three he would have to join a church and remarry immediately. It would make sense that Deb (Jennifer Carpenter) will probably be lending a hand."

Turns out the child actors who play Rita's kids didn't learn of their TV mommy's fate until the episode aired. "I was actually at school when someone came up and told me," reveals 12-year-old Christine Robinson, who plays Astor. "I had no idea. I was like, 'What??'"

Christina says 9-year-old Preston Bailey, who plays her kid brother, Cody, learned only after his parents saw the bloody bathtub scene. "He can't watch it so they told him," says Christina. "Then we spoke and said, 'Hopefully we get to come back. I really hope we do. It would be a bit difficult for Dexter, but I think he could handle us."

As for the Draper divorce, 10-year-old Kiernan Shipka, who plays Sally, will be returning to work with the rest of the cast in April. But which parent will get custody of Sally and her two little brothers?

Not surprisingly, Kiernan believes Sally would prefer to live with daddy Don because "her mom's a little mean."

"No chance of that," series creator Matt Weiner tells me. "That's not period appropriate and Don's just not up for that."

Sorry Sal. Looks like you'll be living with your meanie mom and your new stepfather.

Apple iTunes Lingerie.com SKECHERS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers